Bedside Bookstand

If you know me in real life, one of the key things that you will associate me with is books. I love reading and have been devouring books since I was in KG. I kid you not! I started reading tinkle and Amar Chitra Katha by the time I was in UKG. Slowly I graduated to Champak and Gokulam.
Later came the usual suspects of Famous Five, Secret Seven, Nancy Drew and Hardy Boys. In my 8th standard annual holidays, I received my sex education through Sidney Sheldon (Morning, Noon and Night was the first Sidney Sheldon book that I read) Slowly I graduated to Irwing Wallace, Aurthur Hailey and by the time I was in 10th standard, I had finished the entire Sidney Sheldon collection and was stumbling my way through "The Fountainhead" by Ayn Rand. Of course, I couldn't appreciate the book for what it was at that age and re read it during my 12th standard board exams (Yes, I read novels even during my exam time. I am always reading some book or the other. I would soon reach a point where I would simultaneously read 2-3 books at a time). It was also during my school days that I fell in love with Chase. I still love him and I feel he was the most versatile author I have ever read till date.
In between I was also sneaking some Victorian romances along the way. Julie Garwood, Judith Mcnaught and the likes. Then I had a Robert Ludlum phase where I compulsorily borrowed his book every time I visited the library. Sadly, I soon got tired of him (one middle aged man saves the world). Jackie Collins became my all time favourite, I started respecting Fredrick Forsythe, hated Ken Follet ( and fell in love with him again in 2012 when I read his "Pillars of the Earth" and " World Without end").
James Patterson, Lawrence Sanders, Nora Roberts, Jean Plaidy, Elizabeth George, Elizabeth Peters, Jeanne Ray, Mario Puzo, Wilbur Smith...the list goes on and on.
I am not writing this post to brag about my reading habit. It is because, I am planning to start writing reviews for all the book that I read from now on. And try to write about some books that have impacted me. Wish me all the best people.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How much longer will India be the land of festivals?

Karma Yoga -Part 1 -What and Why

Manah Sodhanam - Verse 1

Love

Purpose

One Size DOESNOT Fit All

Absolute Relative