Tripping on stillness


Stillness captured somewhere in Gudur, AP
If I were to choose one word to describe my current state of being, it would be stillness. Complete and absolute stillness at the physical, mental and spiritual level.

This stillness is profound and profane at the same time. Profound because it makes me loose all track of time and space. It is all so pure, full and complete, with no sense of division or distinction . Profane because in this stillness, there is nothing left. Absolutely nothing...making everything seem so pointless anyways. All this strife and struggle and stress -what for? There is indeed nothing else to do, no where else to go. What am I trying to do anyways?

The beauty in this stillness is beyond explanation. This is indeed bliss absolute, because actually, there is nothing external that is giving raise to this bliss. And in case you are wondering what I am tripping on -well, again it is nothing external. Our own body, mind and breath, when it comes to complete harmony, then this stillness descends upon us so completely. And when it does, it becomes so apparent that this has been all that there is all the while. Everything else -every thought, action, word, experience, emotions -all these are nothing but impressions on this stillness. Once the awareness goes beyond these constant impressions, all that remains is this beautiful blissful complete stillness.

I feel like a child with a precious toy -wondering what to do with it. As I am drowning deeper and deeper into this silky quiet, all I want to do is just remain here...in this beautiful hush that is not so different from one that we feel early in the morning, when we alone are up and the whole world is sleeping. With the dawn, slowly the activities start, but I don't want any of that...because what is the point anyways?

Right now, right here, everything is just perfect. Profound or profane, it truly doesn't matter. After all, they are nothing but labels. Revelling in this stillness, I pick up this body and kick start the mind again. The day beckons. The sun is up. But deep within and all around, I cloak myself in the beautiful pre-dawn stillness. Om.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How much longer will India be the land of festivals?

Karma Yoga -Part 1 -What and Why

Purpose

Manah Sodhanam - Verse 1

Love

One Size DOESNOT Fit All

Absolute Relative