A follow up post


Remember this post where I had made such tall claims and wanted to become disciplined and focused overnight? Well, it didn't happen. But, it was not a complete write off either. I was able to work out 4 times a week on all the four weeks! and I have started cycling in earnest. Covering more than 180 Kms by walking, jogging and cycling, I had exercised the maximum number of times and most regularly in the month of March. Yay!

But, I have figured a very important thing... I am able to focus fully on only one thing at a time. By focusing on exercise, I have missed out on writing. Even though I have all the posts written in my head, I was not able to type it out, simply because I was too exhausted after all the activities. Waking up at 4.30 am puts you to sleep by 10. And the only time I stayed up late was to finish Gone Girl (review coming up shortly), and a couple of nights at my mom's place where I was binge watching the TV. So, I have to find a way to balance things.

As far as expense tracking goes, I was 100% successful. Any expense over the amount of Rs 10 was diligently noted down and at the end of the month, I had a mini heart attack looking at the amount of money I have spent. I am consoling myself that most of these expenses are one time in nature and April will be a better month. If anything, tracking my expenses has strengthened my conviction that I must never ever stop earning my own keep. And guess what else I did? I started maintaining a food journal and was pleasantly surprised by the outcome. I will write a separate post detailing the expense and food tracking adventures shortly.

I didn't even listen to Sri Suktam the whole of March, even though snatches of the hymn constantly played in my mind every now and then. But I was really to exhausted to even worry about not keeping up that bit of the resolve. I am now wiser as far as resolves goes -make as little as possible ;)

The month of March was very busy and very eventful. celebrations, catching up with friends, movies, visits...wow! It was incredible. Hopefully I will post all the posts that are swirling in my head this month. Hari Om!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How much longer will India be the land of festivals?

Karma Yoga -Part 1 -What and Why

Manah Sodhanam - Verse 1

Love

Purpose

One Size DOESNOT Fit All

Absolute Relative