Words and Wild Horses


I have forgotten the joy of writing for writing's sake. To just let the words stream out onto the screen. To capture a fraction of the myriad of feelings that fleet within me. So ephemeral that the words are but a weak and choiceless placeholders to what goes within. If it weren't for words, with what else could I capture it?
Writing gives me so much joy. Just to write, without an agenda, without bothering about whether anyone will ever read these words, without caring if anyone will even resonate, leave alone like what I write. To write because I can is the sweetest thing that I can do for my soul. 




For a long time now, the workings within were too complex, fearsome and downright incomprehensible at times, for me to write. Art, especially colours came to my rescue as the expression was more abstract and unstructured, vis-à-vis writing. 

But today, after a very long long time, I am feeling the familiar tug of the words. And here they are, tumbling out at a speed far beyond the capability of my fingers to type it all down.

I have always been gifted with words. And for the past 2+ years, I have been using this gift to talk about my business. To tell the story and also to feed the insatiable social media monster that can never be satisfied no matter how much ever content you feed it. Gulped down and gone in seconds, the words, pictures, videos and voice that are so carefully created -keeping in mind a million things like relevance, value, entertainment, trend and what not so that the "target audience" MAY see the post and MAY reach out for services rendered.

But this, right now, is pure joy. I am free of all the parameters that bind my words. My words run free, like wild horses among the majestic mountain framed meadows. There is no race to run right now, no reins to hold it back, no saddle to weigh it down. Just the pure and unfiltered joy of being - being as it is, what it is and not giving two hoots about anything or anyone else. 

Content is king, distribution is queen, rah rah rah...to hell with validation and monetization. I am free and so are my words and so is my life.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Purpose

How much longer will India be the land of festivals?

In love With My Body

Love

A Song of Ice & Fire - George R R Martin (Game of Thrones series)

One Size DOESNOT Fit All

The Chore Trap