Peace


Related image

Peace, peace and peace. It prevails all over. Within and without. Serene and quite, the mind is like a still lake. A few thoughts ripple out now and then, like how a gentle breeze makes the water move beautifully and silently. With this quietude, it is very easy to see the completeness in oneself. The utter sense of fulfilment and perfection. The clarity that nothing is needed, nothing is to be accomplished, nothing to  possess, nothing to prove, nothing to achieve and nothing at all to be done is suddenly so obvious.

As the body stills, the breath calms down. With the breath in peace, the thought flow reduces to a trickle. As the thought flow reduces to a trickle, the mind -which is nothing but a bundle of thoughts -almost ceases to exist. And with that, "I" -the compulsive urge to exist as an individual, an independent entity, slowly dissolves into the universal oneness. And when the oneness is felt, realization of one's own completeness becomes very very obvious. I am whole. I am perfect. I am complete. I am one without a second.

"The cloth that I am wearing now is made of cotton. It is comprised of individual cotton threads. If I want this cloth to become a silk cloth, then I have to replace every cotton thread in the cloth with silk thread. Similarly, if I want the world to change, the change must start with every individual" -Swami Vishnu-Devananda.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How much longer will India be the land of festivals?

Karma Yoga -Part 1 -What and Why

Manah Sodhanam - Verse 1

Love

A Song of Ice & Fire - George R R Martin (Game of Thrones series)

One Size DOESNOT Fit All

Purpose